April 20, 2021
Hi and happy Wednesday everyone. It’s Karen here today and I want to share a card made with a brand new stamp set from Gerda Steiner Designs called Melon Friends. This is such a cute stamp set as you can see from the little critters on my card and it will be available in the Gerda Steiner Designs shop tomorrow!
To make this card, I drew a rough watermelon (just an oval with a round end), and when I had it looking the way I wanted it, I went over my pencil lines with a copic marker. After colouring it in with copic markers, I fussy cut it out right against the coloured line. I stamped and copic coloured almost all the images in the stamp set and cut them out.
Next, I diecut a lattice background frame from white and black cardstock. I paper pieced the black pieces into the small oval shapes, gluing them in place. Any cover die would work here or just leave the card as it is - the die is hardly noticeable. I then glued the lattice frame down to my card base. I had made a mask of the little bear image, and I placed this where I wanted it to go on the watermelon. I was hoping it would look like he was inside the watermelon to match the sentiment, but I was also conscious that inside the card, his body would have to be able to fit towards the bottom of the card. Now here’s the scary part - I fussy cut out the bear image through all the layers of cardstock. If you have the dies, this would be much easier! I started in the middle of the bear’s head and cut out to the edge. It got a little dicey around the ears, but I was fairly happy in the end. I went around the cut edge with the same red copic marker I had used for the watermelon to give it a smoother look. Now, the easier way to have done this, would be to stamp, colour and cut out a second bear head and then just glue that to the front of the card. But that’s hindsight at work ...! :)
I spread glue across the back of my coloured bear image, held him up to the inside of the card, and once I had his head lined up with the opening in the watermelon, I carefully pressed him down to the inside of the card so he was positioned correctly. I added the watermelon border just underneath him on the inside. On the front of the card, I attached the dinosaur with foam tape and glued the rinds just under the bear. The sentiment is stamped and embossed in black, and popped up on foam tape.
Thanks so much for stopping by and I hope you’re having a great day!
September 21, 2021
Hello, it’s Karen here again and thank you for stopping by. I’ve got a fun,
Hi everyone, I am Larissa from Car-d-elicious and today it is my turn again to